Kwaliteit, veiligheid & milieu
Lowland International is a shipping company and approved Marine & Offshore crew management contractor. We plan and deliver integrated services in harsh and challenging environments for the maritime industry and the offshore oil and gas industry worldwide.
We are committed to a policy of achieving HSE and Quality excellence in all of our business activities and operations. Through our quality and security management system, we have established a framework for setting and reviewing HSE and Quality objectives for our company
Our HSE and Quality philosophy is based on the international standards of OHSAS 18001 for occupational health and safety, ISO 9001 for quality assurance, and STC/VCA for safety. This is underpinned by commitment from the management, personal accountability, training, an approach of fairness, and performance measurement. Accordingly, we are committed to preventing injuries, damage to the environment and damage to or loss of property or equipment, and to meeting customer requirements at all times.
Everyone working at Lowland has a duty to comply with this policy and to embrace the following principles, to which directors and management are fully committed:
• Uphold HSEQ as a core Lowland business value to work towards the elimination of unsafe actions and conditions.
• Foster a positive and progressive HSE and good quality culture throughout our organisation, ensuring that all our people work responsibly to meet our HSE and quality standards whilst complying with the applicable laws, regulations and good industry practices in each country of operation.
• Provide the training and personal protection materials needed to ensure that work is carried out safely, professionally and with full consideration for environmental protection.
• Encourage customers to identify hazards and assess risks, and to actively manage operations safely, thus creating a healthy and safety working condition for our personnel as they work on their projects.
• Communicate to our people and clients that anyone who observes an action or condition that is unsafe, unhealthy or a threat to the environment has a right and duty to intervene and stop the operation, and that this intervention will be supported by management. Every event where injuries, damage to property or harm to people or the environment have or could have occurred will be investigated.
• Furthermore, we will learn from such events to prevent them recurring in the future and will operate a ’just’ system of accountability when dealing with HSE and security infringements.
• It is Lowland’s goal that its services will at all times meet its customers’ requirements.
• Lowland believes in the concept of customer-supplier collaboration and continually striving for improvements in quality.
• Your work is never so important or urgent that you are exempted from doing it in a safe manner.
If we all work in accordance with these principles, we will create a culture that values HSEQ properly and where our business performance is improved on a continual basis.