One of our clients is a rapidly expanding operating company responsible for the management of the clients mother company’s fleet. This rapidly expanding fleet consists of various types of offshore vessels ranging from survey to light drill vessels. In addition client supervises a number of new building projects worldwide and provides maritime expertise to clients mother company at large. The continued growth and success of the company is the reason that we are now recruiting for our client so they can employ more personnel for its office in the The Hague area in The Netherlands.
The Vessel Superintendent is in the lead of vessel maintenance, vessel QHSE, class and flag compliance, spare parts control, manning of the vessel, insurance, capitalised expenditure budget & expenses of assigned budget.
- representing the Company on all matters in relation to the assigned vessel(s) or support service
- leads by example through complying with all safety procedures and practices at all times
- first contact for-, and member of, the Incident Management team
- closely liaises with the vessel management team, owner and / or operator and internal departments to ensure safe, effective and efficient coordination, delegation, planning and execution of all tasks
- ordering materials or services on time and against minimal costs in accordance with the Company’s best economic interests
- all tasks are to be performed in accordance with the Clients Vessel Management System (FVMS) and the FMS management system
- reports, administrates, and controls all responsibilities and tasks through the designated Computerised Management System (CMS)
- Up dates and maintains all vessel documentation in the CMS.
QHSE on assigned vessel(s):
- ensures compliance with the Companies Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental protection policy
- ensures correct implementation of the Client Vessel Management Systems (FVMS) and maintenance thereof
- ensures follow-up and close out of incidents and audit-, or inspection results
- ensures correctness and compliance with all bridging documents in relation to the assigned asset.
License to operate & performance standards of assigned vessel(s):
- ensures the vessel is in compliance with the applicable statutory-, and class regulations as laid down in the agreed Ship management contract
- ensures the vessel is in compliance with all specific owner and / or operator, and Industry rules & regulations as well as the performance standards stated in the Ship management contract.
Maintenance of assigned vessel(s):
- ensures maintenance is in accordance with the applicable Rules & Regulations, industry standards and the Clients Maintenance Strategy as agreed upon in the Ship management contract.
Spare parts & stock control of assigned asset(s):
- ensures spare parts & stock control is in accordance with the applicable Rules, Regulations and Clients Parts Strategy as agreed upon in the Ship management contract.
Manning of assigned asset(s):
- ensures the assigned vessel is manned with sufficient competent crew, in accordance with the operational safe manning requirements, S.T.C.W. requirements and the vessel specific competence / training matrix as agreed upon in the Ship management contract
- evaluates senior staff on board in line with the clients appraisal system.
Insurance of assigned vessel(s):
- ensures valid & correct insurance cover at all times, all trade areas and (local) circumstances
- ensures proper handling of claim(s)
- setup and maintains an unambiguous administration of claim(s) Operational budget & expenditure of assigned vessel(s)
- prepares the annual operational vessel budget that matches the minimal costs, in accordance with the Company’s best economic interests, to fulfill all requirements in respect of rules & regulations, strategies and performance standards agreed upon in the ship management contract
- controls, administrates, and reports on the approved annual operational vessel budget in accordance with FMS Management system
- adheres to and reports expenditure on the approved operational vessel budget in accordance with the FMS Management System.
Capitalised expenditure budget & expenses of assigned budget:
- prepares the required capitalized budget that matches the minimal costs, in accordance with the Company’s best economic interests, to fulfill all requirements in respect of rules & regulations, strategies and performance standards agreed upon in the ship management contract or additional requirements of the owner and / or operator
- adheres to and reports expenditure on the approved capitalised budget in accordance with the FMS Management System.
- requirements/request from owner and/or operator outside the scope of the management contract
- modification projects
- maritime or technical consultancy for client entities
- internal projects and tasks to improve the Companies performance.