For one of our clients, a Tanker Owning/Operating company in The Netherlands we are looking for a Senior Vessel Operator.
To ensure the best possible result on all voyages, which meet the requirements of the customer at the lowest possible costs and best possible income, in a manner which is safe for the vessel, its crew, the cargo and the environment.
Superiors and subordinates:
The Ship Operator reports to the Operations Manager.
The Ship Operator shall:
- Be fully aware of the specifications of the vessels under his operation.
- Check for any particular business the suitability of cargoes for carriage and any physical constraints or financial effects.
- Provisionally plan the stowage of booked or planned cargoes in compliance with all relevant regulations, vessel limitations and customer requirements.
- Continuously be aware of the economic conditions under which the transportation of cargo can be performed for the customer, assuring the highest possible profitability of the concluded business.
- Ensuring full compliance with agreed Charterparty terms and conditions.
- Instruct the Master and Port Agents with regards to voyage orders and other relevant information.
- Ensure that the Shipping System is maintained correct, current and complete.
- Calculate, invoice and collect freight and dead freight including any other expenses recoverable under the valid COA or Spot fixture.
- Plan in close cooperation with the vessels Master, local Agent and vessels broker the best possible port turnaround and monitor the vessels performance in Port assuring the best possible result.