For one of our clients we are looking for a sales manager for Chartering. As sales manager for Chartering, you will be responsible for developing a designated geographical area in the world. Within this area it will be your task to maintain excellent relations with our existing customer network but also actively identify future business opportunities and therewith expanding our network/market share in the maritime heavy lift industry.
You will hunt for project cargo. After acquiring the sales lead you will be actively involved in liaising with several departments to establish feasibility and to obtain budgets to base your indication/firm offer on. You will negotiate freight rates and contract details. After conclusion of the negotiations you will be responsible for a smooth handover of the contracted scope of work to our operations department.
Challenges in this job: technically complex cargo, no fixed sailing routes (tramping), no standard rates and a highly competitive niche market.
You will form an integral part of a dedicated chartering team which consist of 4 sales managers within the client’s headquarters, 6 foreign client based offices and an international agency network.
• proactively canvas and solicit special cargo for the clients heavy lift vessels and 1-3 chartered vessels;
• handle day to day freight inquiries and liaise with operations department for operational/technical input as the need arises;
• negotiate freight rates and contract details, tariffs and conditions, and present firm offers to clients;
• manage the client relationships in a geographical area in close coordination with an international agency network;
• stay in regular phone contact with foreign client offices and commercial agents of the assigned region;
• visit clients, singly or together with commercial agents;
• liaise with operation, engineering, QHSE and communications/marketing departments to safeguard smooth execution of the contracted works;
• stay fully updated on market and competitors’ activities, trends, fixtures and contracted heavy lift cargo in the assigned area;