Lowland Marine & Offshore is looking for a Dutch spoken Dock Technician.
You will be directly responsible for the overall operational integrity of the ship, with special emphasis on those aspects of the ship’s infrastructure that directly impact safe, environmentally sound, reliable and optimized operation. We are looking for someone who can plan, facilitate, implement and direct the infrastructure maintenance, repairs and upgrades in a very dynamic marine logistics environment with very limited or no direction. You will be working 2 months on 2 months off.
Duties Responsibilities and Accountabilities
* Ensure that all of the ship and associated and relevant terminal policies and procedures are followed paying specific attention to all job scope specific health, environment, safety and security (HESS) guidelines.
* Ensure that all local, national and international rules, regulations, guidelines and standards (such as the International Safety Guide for Oil Tankers and Terminals; ISGOTT) are adhered to.
* Work collaboratively with the Loading Masters, PICs and all shore based terminal commercial, technical and materials procurement support staff to plan and carryout necessary ship infrastructure improvements.
* Supervise all infrastructure improvements.
* Provide necessary support to maintain a clean and safe work environment.
* Ensure that all items identified and submitted by the ship’s Loading Masters, PICs and one’s self, utilizing the client. Exception Reporting Checklist are appropriately reviewed and addressed in a consistent and timely manner.
* Make recommendations to Marine Operations Manager for future, for Moorings, Monopile and SPM infrastructure improvements and upgrades.
* Be well versed in the terminal’s emergency response plans and be prepared to take an active role in any emergency response associated with the ship or as directed.
* Perform other duties as required and directed.