Lowland Marine & Offshore is looking for a Purchaser / spare parts in the area of Rotterdam.
You will be responsible for the procurement process and you will select and purchase the various required materials, equipment and services upon instruction from the various departments. You are to ensure that procurement is performed in the most efficient, effective and cost sensible way, thereby ensuring the quality of the products to be at a level acceptable.
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Purchase materials, equipment, supplies and services of vessel, technical materials, equipment and or consumable in accordance with prescribed purchasing regulations and procedures.
• Reviews and analyzes purchase requisitions, investigates and develops sources of supplies, prepares bid specifications, issues bid requests and reviews quotations.
• Interprets purchasing procedures to departments and vendors, as a specialist in assigned material categories, which require a degree of technical knowledge.
• Identifies and selects vendor to procure requisitioned commodities, meeting criteria such as price, quantity, quality and delivery date and places orders.
• Writes and distributes technical bid invitations or request for proposals; receives and analyzes bids, quotes, proposals and awards the contract.
• Provide regular reporting on procurement to the Fleet Director and the Management Team.
• Liaises with the respective site teams on logistics and procurement aspects.