Lowland Marine & Offshore is searching for a Chief Electrician with Belgian or Dutch nationality. The Chief Electrician is responsible for the management of all electrical installation and automation systems onboard the Ship. He will manage the day to day activities of all personnel in his department. He ensures that all planned and corrective maintenance, installation of equipment by this department will be carried out in the safest and most efficient manner.
- proactively contribute to the safety regime on the vessel
- carry out other related tasks when required by management
- managing the maintenance of the electrical installation according AMOS procedures
- ensures the correct reporting of planned and corrective maintenance in AMOS and reviews the described maintenance on a regular basis
- ensures the required availability of Electric/Electronic spare parts and the correct reporting through AMOS
- ensures that all working routines by his department are in compliance with SHL QESH procedures and in line with International working practice
- coordinates and supports a professional interaction between his department and other departments onboard
- advices project teams concerning the use and installation of electrical consumers, required onboard on a project basis, during planning, mobilisation and execution stage
- advices Project teams concerning the use and installation of electronic systems including software based programs, during planning, mobilisation and execution stage
- reports any situation that can possibly jeopardize the safety of the vessel electric or electronic wise to the Captain and Chief Engineer without delay
- assist Captain in conducting ‘Master’s review’ in accordance with the ISM code
- promote HSE awareness and demand an active role in HSE matters by his/her department
- budget responsibilities TBC.