Lowland Marine & Offshore is searching for a Communication Officer. The Communication Officer is responsible for the daily operation of all communication and office ICT equipment onboard. The workplace is onboard the vessels.
- proactively contribute to the safety regime on the vessel
- carry out other related tasks when required by management
- operate the vessel’s maritime communication equipment
- operate the vessel’s helicopter communication equipment
- perform maintenance and repair of internal and external communication equipment (a.o. GMDSS, VSAT, INMARSAT, TVRO, UHF, VHF, PA)
- performs installation, maintenance and basic repairs of office network equipment and clients in close cooperation with the ICT department ashore
- perform helpdesk duties for users on board
- perform function related administrative duties (e.g. POB program, Logbooks, Vingcard, etc).
- assisting Senior DPO in setting up position reference systems (i.e. DGPS)
- use the Company’s planned maintenance procedures for planning and registration of activities.
- STW 95 (A-II/2)
- requirements according ISM Codes
- requirements according ISPS Codes
- experience with and knowledge of operating common maritime radio and satellite communication equipment
- preferably in possession of GMDSS license
- good knowledge of the English language
- experience with and knowledge of common office ICT Networks and equipment
- good knowledge of common office software packages
- basic knowledge of fiber optic networks
Are you interested and in the possession of relevant documents? Do you want more information about this vacancy? Contact Marinus van Dam, t +31 (0)88 557 01 01. Or respond by filling in the application form and mail it to email@example.com