For one of our clients we are searching for a Dutch speaking superintendant. This client is a leading operator of chemical tankers and dry cargo vessels in Europe. The fleet consists of sophisticated vessels carrying a wide range of chemicals and dry cargo. The company has a strong vision and mission for the future. Part of their vision is an ambitious new building program.
The main trade is Europe-Baltic, North Sea and Europe. The company combines the story of two proud companies with a long tradition and excellent reputation in the shipping of chemicals and dry cargo. The atmosphere is excellent within the team of colleagues of the different departments.
We offer a vacancy for a (senior)-superintendant in the Rotterdam office. You will work together in a team of other superintendants. In cooperation with the crew on board, you provide an optimum state of maintenance for the appointed vessels against the lowest possible costs. You are also responsible for the approval of the vessels by clients. And you have to report to the Fleet manager or the substitute Fleet Manager.
• Preparation and execution of repairs and surveys including budget.
• Checks the services on board based on the Planned Maintenance System.
• Investigates improvements of new technical hardware among others arising from statutory requirements or for the improvement of the business operations.
• Responsible for new developments in his own discipline and is aware of the possible consequences of possibly required adaptations to the fleet.
• The new superintendant requests offers for different activities to be executed and assesses them for correctness.
• Responsible for the execution of all maintenance of the vessels.
• Responsible for the safety, environment, quality and procedures during the aforementioned activities.
• The vessels in which the new superintendant is appointed for have to comply with the requirements, arising from client-oriented inspections.
• Represents the ship owner during the execution of surveys and other repairs in the Netherlands and abroad at the shipyards, classification society’s, government bodies, expertise bureaus and other service rendering organizations.
• Assists and informs officers on board regarding all nautical and technical affairs and advices the Crew Department with regards to crewing and organizational problems.
• The Superintendant investigates the technical side in the event of calamities and assists with the finalization regarding authorities.