Lowland Marine & Offshore is searching for a Crew Officer. The Crew Officer is an individual with team spirit and a determination to get the job done, with a keen eye for day to day operation of a vessel and a strong affinity for the offshore world. The provision of crew, organisation of crew changes, organisation of crew training and several other operational matters are outsourced to external crew agents. Supervising the activities of these crew agents as well as the internal communication in the organisation is the main task. The team consists of three crew officers (based in Holland, Singapore and Brazil) and a Personnel Manager to whom he or she will report.
Tasks & responsibilities
– Assure quality control with regards to the execution of services as laid down in the agreement that the company entered with her crewing agents.
– Monitor, execute and contribute to the companies Crewing policies that apply fleet wide in respect of short term planning (0 to 6 months) and long term strategic career planning of seafarers (<6 months).
– Crew Officers who work in close relation for a specific vessel have an alignment between the Vessel Superintendent to inform, coordinate, report, inform and advice the VSI.
– A challenging position in a dynamic, growing and financially healty company.
– Room for personal growth and development.
– A competitive wage as well as excellent additional employment conditions, including pension arrangements, compensations for working on location, company health insurance.
– At least 3 years of work experience.
– Bachelor degree or equivalent level of education with either marine/technical or HR background.
– Proven interest in technical processes and marine.
– Good communication skills.
– Excellent verbal and written knowledge of the English language.
– Experience with working in multicultural environments.
– Leadership skills, sensitivity, persuasion skills, initiative, analytical skills and oral as well as written skills.
– Ability to work in a team but also independently.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the Netherlands. Are you interested and in the possession of relevant documents? Do you want more information about this vacancy? Contact Marinus van Dam, t +31 (0)88 557 01 01. Or respond by filling in the application form and mail it to email@example.com